Theme: 13th Martin & Willis Prize Meeting and IRDG 210
Date: 26th – 27th August 2015
Location: University of Exeter, Exeter, UK
Martin & Willis Programme
- Brillouin Light Scattering Spectroscopy and Elasticity in Hydrated Connective Tissue.
- Ryan Edginton
- Sleeping sickness: Detection and differentiation of Trypanosoma Brucei using Raman spectroscopy.
- Alexandre Girard
- Raman spectroscopy for rapid diagnosis of lymphomas and metastatic lesions found in lymph nodes.
- Leanne Fullwood
- Measuring redox potential in 3D breast cancer tumour models using SERS nanosensors.
- Lauren Jamieson
- Molecular Identification of Explosives by a New Class of SERS Immunoassay.
- Holly Butler
- Pre-symptomatic detection of nutrient deficiencies in crop production using vibrational spectroscopy.
- Rachel Norman
- Studying the distribution of deep Raman spectroscopy signals using liquid tissue phantoms with varying optical properties.
- Martha Vardaki
- IR Studies on Biopolymers.
- Calum Welsh
- SERS Detection of Single Base Substitutions in 25-mer Oligonucleotides.
- Susan Dick
IRDG 210 Programme
- Mid-infrared fiberoptic devices and systems for in vivo medical diagnostics.
- Prof Angela Seddon (University of Nottingham)
- Fibre optic Raman probes. From cancer to jet engines.
- Dr John Day (University of Bristol)
- Raman Spectroscopy for Nano-chemistry and Nanostructures.
- Dr Deb Roy (National Physical Laboratory)
- Nanoparticle based analysis of biomolecules, cells and tissue.
- Prof Duncan Graham (University of Strathclyde)
- SERS with Metal Colloids- Extending the Lifetime of the Enhancing Particle Aggregates.
- Prof Steven Bell (Queen’s University, Belfast)
- Studying drugs in live cells using ATR FTIR spectroscopy.
- Dr Andrew Chan (King’s College, London)
- Label-free Chemically Specific Imaging In-Planta with Stimulated Raman Scattering Microscopy.
- Prof Julian Moger (University of Exeter)
- Chemometric analysis of FTIR images for the identification of colorectal polyp cancer.
- Dr Gavin Lloyd (Gloucestershire Royal Hospital)